This dish is fantastic in so many ways... healthy but comforting, veggie but substantial... it's also really quick and easy to make, so perfect for a midweek supper. Or you could serve it as an alternative side dish with roast chicken (minus the halloumi) if you needed something a bit heartier.
You will need...
1 large sweet potato
1 white or desiree potato
1 red pepper
1 yellow/orange pepper
1 red onion
5 garlic cloves
Olive Oil OR Garlic Oil (but don't use the garlic cloves)
120g Halloumi cheese
* Preheat the oven to 200'C.
* Cut up the white potato and peppers into roughly 2.5cm chunks, and the sweet potato into chunks about double the size (as they cook quicker than regular potatoes.) Cut the onion into wedges and put everything including unpeeled garlic cloves into a large roasting dish.
* Grind plenty of black pepper over the veg and drizzle over 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix it thoroughly and then put into the oven for 45 mins, turning once or twice whilst it's cooking.
* Slice the halloumi as thinly as possible ready for strewing over the veg at the end.
* Take the veg out of the oven and either switch on the grill or turn the oven up to full heat. Drape the halloumi slices straight over the veg and pop back into the oven for 5 minutes until it is slightly browned.
* Serve and enjoy!